The hardest bar exams in the world: Most parents want their children to become lawyers and the only way to become a lawyer in the country of your choice is to become a lawyer yourself. The prerequisite for admission to the legal profession is passing the legal examination, because you cannot be admitted to the legal profession without passing the legal examination.
Every country in the world has its own legal system and legal education system, i. h the system in the country for training students to become lawyers, and while some of these legal training systems are flexible, others are somewhat rigid, making it difficult for students to easily advance because passing the bar exam with great success requires extraordinary to be solid
To that end, this article examines some of these rather rigid systems of legal education and will discuss the difficulties bar candidates face in passing examinations and gaining admission to the bar in that jurisdiction.
Recommended:Differences between Law and Ethics.
Top 10 Hardest/Difficult Bar Exams in the World
Some of those educational systems that seem rigid and therefore make it difficult for students to pass the ranking exams are:
1. South Korean Bar exam:The South Korean Bar Examination is the national level examination for admission to the bar of the state and is governed by the National Bar Examination Act of 2018. Order, that person must have completed a Juris Doctor (JD) program.
How difficult is the bar exam and how can you make it easier?
This bar exam is considered to be one of the toughest bar exams in the world. Candidates are taught and tested in areas of private law, criminal law, public law and some other electives. This bar exam usually consists of three rounds; usually a multiple-choice test, an essay, and an interview round. The technical complexity of these three processes makes passing the bar exam very difficult, no wonder trainee lawyers only have a 40% pass rate and only 1,500 bar candidates are nominated to the South Korean Bar Association every year.
2. California Bar Examination:As the United States of America is a country that thrives on state independence, each state has its own bar association; including the state of California.
The hardest exams
The California Bar Association is one of the largest state associations in the country with over 260,000 members and this has contributed to the difficulty of becoming a member of this association as it is usually necessary to pass the bar exam to become a member. California, but more recently, passing the bar exam seems difficult.
This bar exam is given twice a year and consists of three parts: an essay question segment, an achievement test, and multiple-choice questions. More than 9,000 candidates take this exam annually and it has a pass rate of just 34%, reflecting how difficult it seems to pass this exam.
Recommended:The most dangerous jobs in the world 2022
3. Nigerian Bar Examination:The Nigerian Bar Examination was established by the Legal Education Act of 1962 and is therefore regulated by the Legal Education Board of the country.
How difficult is the California bar exam?
For a person to be eligible for appointment to the Bar Association of Nigeria, that person must pass the Nigeria Law School Examination organized by this Board of Legal Education. However, passing this exam is not an easy hurdle as the Nigerian law school grading system makes it difficult for a person to pass this bar exam.
Five courses are offered in the Nigerian law school namely: Criminal Litigation, Civil Litigation, Corporate Law Practice, Real Estate Law Practice and Professional Ethics and Skills and the grading system in this Nigerian law school is based on your highest score low. This means if you get an A on 4 strokes and only a C on the 5th stroke you will mostly get a 2'2 or even a normal pass.
This rigorous grading system makes it difficult for students to get good grades in Nigerian law school and sometimes even pass the bar exam. Last year, of the 5,770 students who took the bar exam, 1,326 failed. Similar failure statistics have been recorded over the years as the Nigerian bar exam failure rate far exceeds 27% each year. This makes it one of the toughest bar exams in the world.
4. Examination of the Order of the Philippines:The Philippine Bar Exam is the bar exam in the Philippines. Therefore, to become a lawyer in the Philippines, you must take and pass this bar exam.
This bar examination is regulated by the Supreme Court of the Philippines and administered once a year by its examining board. To take this exam, you must be over the age of 21 in the Philippines, have a bachelor's degree and a professional degree from an accredited state law school, and have no charges or evidence of misconduct.
The toughest exams in the world.
This allows you to register and register for this bar exam, which consists of the subjects of civil law, labor law, criminal law, tax law, commercial law, political and international law, ethics and legal practice, and appellate law. To pass this exam, you must score more than 50% in each of these subjects, and the difficulty many students have in meeting this grading system is reflected in a student pass rate of just 59%, a rate that was significantly lower. in the past decade.
Recommended:Nigeria's Richest Actresses and Their Net Worth in 2022
5. New York State Bar Examination:The New York State Bar Examination is administered twice a year (February and July) by the New York State Board of Law Examiners for applicants seeking admission to the New York State Bar.
The Toughest Bar Exams: Which Bar Exam Is Right For You?
This New York uniform bar exam consists of the Multi-State Bar Exam (MBE), Multi-State Performance Test (MPT) and Multi-State Essay Exam (MEE). This unified bar exam is considered to be a truly tough exam, requiring a minimum score of 270 on a scale of 400 to pass, and has had a pass rate of just 63% over the years.
6. Japanese Bar Examination:The Japan Bar Association Examination, also known as the National Bar Association Examination, is administered by the State Judicial Examination Administration Committee in accordance with the Judicial Examination Law.
The toughest bar exams in the world.
To qualify for this exam, you must have a degree from an accredited law school in the country and be fluent in Japanese. Importantly, you must pass this exam to be admitted to the Bar Association of Japan and become a member of the Bar Association of Japan (JFBA).
However, passing this exam seems difficult as the passing rate recorded in the last decade is only 50%, making it one of the toughest bar exams in the world, bar none.
See too:The hardest jobs in the world 2022
7. Singapore Bar Examination:The Singapore Bar Examination is administered once a year by the Singapore Institute of Legal Education (SILE) as a prerequisite for admission to the Singapore Bar Association.
The toughest bar exams in the world.
To be admitted to the bar examination, you must be over 21 years old, have a law school diploma in the country, be of good character and have completed the preparatory course prescribed by the board.
This exam consists of a Part A and Part B exam which you need to successfully complete to get admitted to the Bar Association of Singapore and the candidates pass rate of this exam is only 30% and over the years it promises introduce a bar examination system from 2023.
8. Examination of the Italian bar:The Italian bar exam, also known as the abilitazione all'esercizio della professione forense (qualification to practice the profession of lawyer), is an exam taken in Italy by candidates who have completed five years of university law studies and 18 months of training legal at a law firm must have completed in the state.
Which bar exam is the hardest?
This bar exam consists of two parts; an oral and written part and is relatively difficult with a 60% success rate over the years.
See too:How to make your relationship fun and interesting
9. Ghana bars quiz:The Ghana Bar Examination is administered by the General Counsel. This exam is considered rigorous and very difficult. In 2019, out of 450 students who took this exam at the Ghana Law School, only 64 students (14%) passed the exam.
The pass rate has been similar ever since, so this is definitely one of the toughest exams in the world.
10. Ontario Bar Examinations:The Ontario Bar Examinations, also known as the Licensing Examination, are administered by the Ontario Law Society as the primary requirement for a person wishing to practice law or become a paralegal in Ontario, Canada.
To take this exam, you must have a law degree from an accredited university in Canada. You must have completed the necessary license application documents and paid the required fees. Consisting of self-study, multiple-choice, and an open-book attorney/solicitor exam, this exam is considered the most difficult state bar exam in Canada, with a failure rate of over 20%.
See too:The hardest dishes in the world to prepare
In summary, although the bar exam has never been proven to be easy anywhere, these bar exams are ranked as the most difficult in the world due to the structure and technique of the exam and the pass and fail rate recorded in it over the years. years old .
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC
Edeh Samuel Chukwuemeka ACMC, is a law student and certified mediator/arbitrator in Nigeria. He is also a developer with skills in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and React Native. Samuel strives to transform the legal profession by developing web and mobile apps that significantly facilitate legal research.
1. South Korea Bar Exam: The South Korea bar examination is the nationally administered examination for admission into the bar association in the state and it is regulated by the National bar Examination Act 2018.Which is the hardest bar exam to pass? ›
California is widely considered to have the hardest bar exam, due to its low pass rate and the difficulty of the content and constraints of the exam.Which is the hardest bar exam in USA? ›
Delaware makes the list as one of the hardest bar exams in part because of the score required to pass. Students must obtain at least a 145 to pass, which is the highest in the nation. Delaware also only offers the exam once per year, giving students who fail a very long wait before they can take it again.Did Kim Kardashian pass the bar? ›
The general bar exam is one of the major hurdles to receiving a license to practice law in the United States.Which is the No 1 toughest exam in the world? ›
What is the hardest exam in the world? Master Sommelier Diploma Exam is considered as the toughest and hardest exam in the world and is a wine-tasting test for expert winemakers.Which is the toughest exam for law? ›
CLAT is one of the toughest entrance exams for law in India. The exam's vast curriculum and a huge number of candidates give this exam to get admission in the top law colleges. This makes the exam extremely competitive.